Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

COBCH0804: Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded.

Jump to solution

I have a project with one main form and six sub-forms. While entering code for Form5 I received the message "COBCH0804: Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded". The main form is a menu with some procedures that do not use forms. The sub-forms are self contained and send no data back to the main form. What can I do to finish my project?

On another subject.

I have a form containing one text box and several labels. I have captured the return key and send the tab key. When I use the enter key to terminate an entry the bell sounds. This does not happen if I use "TAB". What can I do to silence the bell in this instance?

Jerry

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: COBCH0804: Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded.

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry, yes, you could try splitting your forms up into multiple projects.

Each project with it's own form. You will then need to reference the other projects from the main form using Project-To-Project references.

Regards, Scot

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry, you've encountered a limit set in the Visual COBOL Personal Edition product that restricts the number of lines of code that can be compiled.

We designed the PE product for students and professional developers who want to learn COBOL. For all other commercial uses, our standard Visual COBOL product provides unrestricted compilation.

So the first question is, have you purchased a commercial license Visual COBOL and if so, have you registered your license with the product?

Regards, Scot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

For your second question on suppressing the bell when enter is pressed:

add the following to your keydown event handler:

set e::SuppressKeyPress to true

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I am not writing this for any commercial use. I have already written this application in RM/COBOL and decided to learn Visual COBOL by writing the same application. Even though I am no longer working full time, I am acting as a consultant for several companies. I also do small jobs for them. A couple of companies are interested in moving to Windows based systems and a better overall look. Visual COBOL could do this for them. I wanted to Write the entire application to get a full idea of the scope of Visual COBOL. Is there a Workaround for this constraint? Could the project be broken up into smaller pieces and "called" from the menu form? I really need your help. I am no longer receiving a pay check and can't afford the commercial version. I am not going to be paid for the project I have been working on. Any help you could provide would be appreciated.

Jerry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry, yes, you could try splitting your forms up into multiple projects.

Each project with it's own form. You will then need to reference the other projects from the main form using Project-To-Project references.

Regards, Scot

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Chris, That worked!

Jerry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Scott

I tried it out and it worked like a champ.

Jerry

0 Likes
Highlighted
Visitor.

Re: RE: COBCH0804: Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded.

Jump to solution

Hi, I was wondering if you could elaborate, I’m pretty new to visual studio, and microfocus cobol,  I’ve split my forms into various projects, I think I’ve set them up with a reference .  when I try to invoke a form from another project in the solution it errors saying I don’t have a form with that name, I’m using the name of the project and the form name, I’ve tried multiple different ways, please can you help me ?

many thanks paul.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Betreff: COBCH0804: Source limit of 2200 procedure lines exceeded.

Jump to solution

Hi Jerry3,

the Trial Version allow only to use programs with less than 2200 lines of code.

Use a small program as "Hello World" to test the Visual Studio with Visual Cobol.

I have migrate for testing from Netexpress 5.x to VC 5.0 and have my Project running, only 20 programs have more than 2200 lines of code.

MF must actualize a Version Netexpress 6.0 with the possibilities of visual Cobol!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.