Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

COBCH1552 Perform range too large or complex

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have installed Visual COBOL R4 for Eclipse on my machine. I've created a COBOL JCM Project with a cobol source and its clause copy.

When compiled eclipse returns the message "COBCH1552..."  the error is supposed been at the last line of the source code. At this line there is the EXIT of the last paragraphe. There is nothing particular.

I didn't find anything about this error on the web and the online documentation of Visual COBOL.

here is the options of compilation that i've used in the project. The source code is a bit ancient.

SHOW-DIR
PARAMCOUNTCHECK
ANS85
SWITCH-TYPE"2"
REMOVE"TRACE"
REMOVE"LAST"
REMOVE"WAIT"
REMOVE"CYCLE"
REMOVE"SUPER"
REMOVE"PRINTER"
REMOVE"EOS"
REMOVE"AS"
REMOVE"UNDERLINE"
REMOVE"DISK"
REMOVE"ID"
REMOVE"SCREEN"
TRACE
COMP-6"2"
ADDRSV"COMP-6"
COPYLIST
LIST()
OBJ
ASSIGN"EXTERNAL"
INDD"SYSIN"
OUTDD"REPORT"
INTLEVEL"4"
NOQUERY
COPYEXT"CPY,cpy"
DATAMAP
PERFORM-TYPE"ENTCOBOL"

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: COBCH1552 Perform range too large or complex

Jump to solution

Hi Gandolfo, our compiler team have now corrected this issue. We did look to see if there was a workaround for you but it seems that a compiler fix is really the best remedy. If you have a maintenance agreement in place, please contact Micro Focus supportline quoting this RPI number: 1084860

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Gandolfo, are you able to attach your JVM project and a cutdown of the application so that we can take a closer look? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi, i've attached a zip in which there a cobol source .cbl and its copys

supportline made me download the new release of visual cobol, the 2.0.  i do not beleive in it.

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

sorry, when compress the zip is under 64ko , the limit for forum.

i send 2 zip files

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

then second part

thnaks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks Gandolfo, I can reproduce this, we're looking into it now and will let you know our findings soon. Regards, Scot

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

hello, i've installed the new release visual cobol 2.0 on a VM and reproduce the same error COBCH1552S

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Gandolfo, our compiler team have now corrected this issue. We did look to see if there was a workaround for you but it seems that a compiler fix is really the best remedy. If you have a maintenance agreement in place, please contact Micro Focus supportline quoting this RPI number: 1084860

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.