UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21. Read more.
UPDATE! The community will be go into read-only on April 19, 8am Pacific in preparation for migration on April 21.Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

CTF Configuration

Hi All

I am running VC 6.0.  In development region, I wanted to find out the list of modules getting called in some of the complex transactions. I enabled CTF and I was able to get the log. But it has so many events. I would like to get only specific event like the list of called programs. Is it possible ? Also Is it possible to restrict CTF for only specific modules ?

CTF config file used

mftrace.dest = binfile
mftrace.emitter.binfile#location = C:\ctf\logs
mftrace.level.mf.rts = info
mftrace.comp.mf.rts#pgm = true
mftrace.comp.mf.rts#pgmload = true
mftrace.comp.mf.rts#syspgm = true

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you only want to see the entry to and exit from your called programs then you should just specify:

mftrace.dest = binfile
mftrace.emitter.binfile#location = C:\ctf\logs
mftrace.level.mf.rts = info
mftrace.comp.mf.rts#pgm = true

It will still show you the rts initialization and deinitialization but most everything else should be suppressed.

You can configure ctf to only trace a specific application but not a specific module within an application.
To do this you use the mftrace.application option documented here.

In ctfviewer you can also setup filters to only display certain event codes.
This is done under Tools-->Filters.

Example: to only see the program entry points filter on event 6.

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks. I will try this
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.