Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Call-By-Name (CBL_) library and managed code

Jump to solution
Is the Call-By-Name library available in managed code? Do the calls provide the same functionality? We have a "utility" native COBOL DLL program that uses several file handling CBL_ calls; CBL_CHECK_FILE_EXIST, CBL_COPY_FILE, etc. We are attempting to convert this program to managed code and during execution we are getting "file not found" errors. We use dd_xxx-style environment variables to define data file paths and "xxx\filename"-style file references in SELECT clauses. In the current test-subject solution an ASPX program calls a converted COBOL DLL that creates a "CNV\WYP46D01.098" on the path specified by the value of dd_CNV, but the converted "utility" COBOL DLL called by the ASPX program immediately after gets "file not found" (9/13) returned from CBL_CHECK_FILE_EXIST when the filename parameter contains the same "CNV\WYP46D01.098" value as the SELECT clause in the first COBOL DLL?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Call-By-Name (CBL_) library and managed code

Jump to solution

Hi Don,

I just tested this here and there does appear to be a compatibility issue in the library routines when dealing with embedded dd_ names. In native code this works as expected but in managed code they are not being expanded.

Please open up a support incident with Customer Care and add my name to the description so that it comes to me. I will then create a bug report for this,

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Don,

I just tested this here and there does appear to be a compatibility issue in the library routines when dealing with embedded dd_ names. In native code this works as expected but in managed code they are not being expanded.

Please open up a support incident with Customer Care and add my name to the description so that it comes to me. I will then create a bug report for this,

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

Micro Focus SupportLine incident 2855891 has been created for this issue.  As instructed I have referenced you by name in both the Subject field and in the step-by-step field.

Thank you!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.