Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Call RMCobol from ASP.Net does not work

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 10 February 2012]

Hello I have a web site ASP.Net with cobol program, this program calls RMCobol dll and it works but it gives me file status 9A, this file status is not documented in the help and I couldnt work with files in the RMCobol program.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Call RMCobol from ASP.Net does not work

Jump to solution
Thank you for your help, the solution works ok, the problem was in the file location and the filename specification.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
A file status 9/A converts to a 9/065 which means:

COBRT065 File locked (Recoverable)
You have tried to open a file which has already been locked, or opened for output by another user. Alternatively, you have tried to lock or open for output a file which another user already has open.

Resolution:
Your program can inform the system operator (if there is one) that it is unable to access this file and should wait until the other user has finished using the file and closes it. You should then be able to continue to run your program.

Is it possible that the file is locked by another process?
Do you get this same file status on any file or just a particular one?

Can you open the same file in a non ASP.NET program like a console application?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
This is only program it has open output file and exit instructions, It does not have another instruction working the file and the file is not created.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Perhaps it is a permissions issue in the folder where you are trying to create the file?

How are you specifying the filename?
Are you specifying a full path or are you trying to write to the current directory?

This might not be allowed if you are trying to create the file in the bin folder as this usually only has read-only/execute permissions.

Are you running under the Visual Studio Development web server or under IIS?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hello, I changed my program in order to show my problem, in this case the file status is 42, I send you several links for ilustrate the problems, please help me

Form used with file status

Native RMCobol dll program in 3 parts

part 1/3
part 2/3
part 3/3

Program aspx.cbl showing boton "crear"

Boton crear (open out'put file)

Program aspx.cbl showing fields definition

fields definition

Directives

Additional directives
A_config variable

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I am using Visual Studio

thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you for your help, the solution works ok, the problem was in the file location and the filename specification.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.