Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Call program in EVALUATE clause

Jump to solution

Hello (again).

I have a program that reads records in a .txt file. Depending on the content of that file
it will determine what program is to be CALLed next. The records are read into a structure in 
WORKING-STORAGE SECTION. The content of the txt file is written manually.

http://puu.sh/hhyKO/3210509123.png

If someone is very interested: http://pastebin.com/bjWsUUtN

The CALLed program displays "hello"... The main issue is that TBN01002T
be called. I have displayed f1-prg and it displayes TBN01002T, so I don't see how
TBN01002T could be a problem. Any help would be very appreciated!

- Thomas

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Call program in EVALUATE clause

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

It appears you have F1-PRG (the field you're testing in the EVALUATE) defined as PIC X(8), yet the value you are testing for is 9 characters. So, at best, F1-PRG may contain "TBN01002", but will never contain the "TBN01002T" you are testing for. Either change the definition of F1-PRG to match the true field size, or change the value you are testing for in the EVALUATE to be 8 characters.

Blair McDonald

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Thomas,

It appears you have F1-PRG (the field you're testing in the EVALUATE) defined as PIC X(8), yet the value you are testing for is 9 characters. So, at best, F1-PRG may contain "TBN01002", but will never contain the "TBN01002T" you are testing for. Either change the definition of F1-PRG to match the true field size, or change the value you are testing for in the EVALUATE to be 8 characters.

Blair McDonald

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Oh, why didn't I see that? Thank you!

- Thomas

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.