Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Can't add existing form to project

Jump to solution

I'm unable to add an existing form to my project (Windows Form) that I previously exclude? The form appears in the project - but it is only the code and not the GUI part?

Any suggestions much appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Can't add existing form to project

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

I'm using Micro Focus Visual COBOL 2.2 Version 2.2.00244 but without update 1, and as I'm using a trial version (with a Personal license) that is probably the reason. Sorry for taking up your time.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Rico,

There should be two files associated with the Form, one with formname.cbl and one with formname.Designer.cbl. Both need to be present when you add them to the project.

If you double-click on the formname.cbl and it only shows the source code then you need to open it in design view.

Right-click on its name in solution explorer and select View Designer to open up the GUI representation.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris,

I appreciate what you are saying and agree that is how it should be, however when I exclude a form from a project and then add it as an existing item - the form loads in the project but with the icon next to it changed to a code class and not a form class. When I right-click on the form I'm not given the option of view code & view designer, only the options that are given for the main.cbl?

Regards

Nigel P Richardson

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Which product version are you running and with which version of Visual Studio?

I tested this here using Visual COBOL for Visual Studio 2010 V2.2 update 1 and it works fine.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

I'm using Micro Focus Visual COBOL 2.2 Version 2.2.00244 but without update 1, and as I'm using a trial version (with a Personal license) that is probably the reason. Sorry for taking up your time.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.