Highlighted
New Member.

Can Visual COBOL works with VB

Hi,

I need some information regarding the visual COBOL. My current project is using VB6 as front end and Microfocus Netexpress COBOL as backend. Now my company is planning to migrate Netexpress COBOL to Visual COBOL. 

In this migration, I will be using the same COBOL modules and generating the dll's and exe from Visual COBOL with .Net. Does these load modules works on VB6 application?

Any inputs on this are very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Vinod 

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Can Visual COBOL works with VB

Hello,

It's still possible to compile COBOL programs as native in Visual COBOL and have them to interact with VB6 application as before with Net Express. They don't have to be compiled as managed.

Thanks,
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.