New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Can't see Value in Watchpoints Window

Jump to solution

When I debug and add items to the Watchpoints Window no values show up under Value in the window.

The condition functionality works though. If I add a condition and that condition is met, execution will stop. But I still can't see anything under Value.

If I add a Watch Window I see the values just as you would expect.

It seems this behaviour started in VC 6.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Yes, I'll do that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I tried adding watchpoints to a COBOL program and their values display okay for me in the watchpoint window so I think you will need to give an example of the data items you are adding the watchpoints for. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

I created a new INT/GNT project and added a cbl file to the project (Program1). I then added a few lines (in upper-case) to the program so it looked like this:

identification division.
program-id. Program1.

environment division.
configuration section.

data division.
working-storage section.
01 MY-VAR PIC X(10).

procedure division.
  MOVE SPACES TO MY-VAR.
  MOVE "TEST VALUE" TO MY-VAR.
  DISPLAY MY-VAR.
  goback.
end program Program1.

I started the program by pressing F10 and added MY-VAR to Watchpoints. After the line MOVE "TEST VALUE" TO MY-VAR the text "TEST VALUE" showed up in Watchpoints just as you would expect.

I then changed configuration from x86 to x64 and did the same as above - and the text didn't show up any more.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Thanks Jens, I hadn't tried an x64 configuration but can see the problem on my test program when I did that.

Can you raise a bug report please ?

Thanks,

Gael

0 Likes
Highlighted
Commodore
Commodore

Yes, I'll do that.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.