Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cannot Recognize COBOL Projects in Visual Studio

I have downloaded Visual Cobol for Visual studio 2017, and all the files have been properly installed. However, when creating a new project in visual studio 2017, no COBOL options are available. When trying to open COBOL samples included in the Visual COBOL downloads, Visual studio states it is not compatible. The same occurs when trying to open any COBOL Project. 

To clarify, the Visual Cobol files downloaded properly. Visual studio cannot link with these files.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Cannot Recognize COBOL Projects in Visual Studio

Please run the License Administration tool from the Micro Focus License Manager group on the Start menu. Can you tell me what license has been installed for the product?

If you select Help-->About Microsoft Visual Studio from the IDE menu does Micro Focus Visual COBOL appear in the list?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris, I ran the MicroFocus License Administration tool and no licenses are listed.
When checking installed products through Help-->About Microsoft Visual Studio, Visual Cobol does not appear. I will browse the MicroFocus folder for the license files to see if I can install them.

If it is any help, my serial number for support is 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are having problems with the product licensing, please send an email directly to supportline@microfocus.com and tell them what the serial number is and they will provide you with an appropriate license.

Our IT department is in the process of trying to fix this problem.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

I'm having the same Issue Chris. Micro Focus Visual COBOL doesn't appear in the list although it's fully licenced. My serial number is 600000731512
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.