New Member.

Cobol Server 2.2 and Suse 12

Hi,

I have Microfocus Cobol Server 2.2 for Linux and work fine with Suse Linux Enterprise 11.

Now i need install with Suse Linux Enterprise 12 and the screen show:

-=-==================================================================-=-
Micro Focus Product - Standalone Installer
www.microfocus.com

pax: Bad Option: -O.
Usage: pax cmd [options] file1 ... filen

Use pax -help
and pax -xhelp
to get a list of valid cmds and options.

Use pax -x help
to get a list of valid archive header formats.

For a more complete user interface use the tar type command interface.
See 'man star'. The pax command is more or less limited to the
POSIX standard pax command line interface.
sh: ./install.sh: No such file or directory

-=-==================================================================-=-

I have installed pax, libelf and libelf-devel.

Do i need install any other software?

Do this combination of software works?

Thanks in advance,

Enrique.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello Enrique,

COBOL Server 2.2 was not certified on SUSE 12. It was certified on SUSE 11, SUSE 11 SP2 and SUSE 11 SP3. You can find information about product versions and their tested and supported Operating Systems on the Micro Focus Product Availability page at:

supportline.microfocus.com/prodavail.aspx

SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 is supported on the current version of the product, COBOL Server 3.0.

Also, you can view the list of software prerequisites for a product by reviewing that product's "Readme" document. You can find the Readme document for a product (assuming you currently have under maintenance) on the SupportLine website:

supportline.microfocus.com

Use the Product Updates link after you log into the site, and then search for the desired product. Click the plus next to the version-product-platform entry, for example:

"3.0 for SUSE x86-64"

and finally, click the Readme link.

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.