Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Cobol compilation with cobol server license

Jump to solution

Hi,

We have a COBOL server 3.0 installed with a valid license. Was trying to compile a program to create .o (object file) in UAT environment and it gave a error "Error[18]: No license code is available for feature RestrictedNativeChecker on host 127.0.0.1."

Do I need a devhub to compile.

Note: We have a devhub license for DEV env and 2 COBOL server license one each for UAT and PROD.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Cobol compilation with cobol server license

Jump to solution
No, the COBOL Server product is not for development. It is for running an already compiled and linked application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
The COBOL Server product contains the run-time components required to run your application on a non-development machine. It is not meant for development use and does not provide the COBOL compiler.

The COBOL compiler is included with the DevHub product or with the Visual COBOL for Eclipse product. You must have one of these products installed and licensed in order to compile your applications.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Chris,

Just one more question. Will we be able to link the object file to create an executable using COBOL Server product.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
No, the COBOL Server product is not for development. It is for running an already compiled and linked application.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I got the compiled and linked application from development and deployed it in UAT environment where cobol server product is installed.
While running the script which calls the application in return gives me the below error.

Execution error : file ''
error code: 245, pc=0, call=1, seg=0
245 There are no valid product licenses
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
If the application is running under COBOL Server then it would require that a valid COBOL Server license be installed in Safenet. You cannot run under COBOL Server with a DevHub or Visual COBOL license only. If there is a valid COBOL Server license installed then perhaps your licensing system environment is not setup properly.

I see that you have opened up support incident 3168984 for this same issue.
Please continue to work with the Support Engineer in order to get this problem resolved.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I have installed a valid server installed with license. Thank you for the inputs above about the difference between devhub and server products.

Will work with the support engineer to further resolve the issue. Thank you for the help and quick reply.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.