Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connect project cobol for eclipse in database oracle and run for debug project

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 05 April 2012]

Hello,
sorry for my bad English.
I installed Micro Focus Cobol visual 2010 trial for eclipse (windows 32 bit), I added an application that I want to debug COBOL. But I EXEC SQL ... END EXEC, eclipse tells me that as an error: "COBCH0149S No sql Have Been Set". I want to link to a database compiled and run Oracle for the application to debug COBOL.

How is your project connected to the database eclipse has oracle ?

Where should retract the user and password for database oracle ?

I saw that in the properties of the project "Micro Focus Cobol / property of language / Cobol / addtionnelles guidelines" that we could write "p(cobsql)" or "SQL(DBMan=ODBC). Eclipse tells me that I have 1 error but when I run the application it tells me: "the COBOL program to run could not be found" and the problem he said "connot open file: meprojet.obj"

Thank you for your help.
0 Likes
16 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

YES. I am having problem with SQL embedded  when I try to connect to SQL SERVER 2012. The qestion is : I need the SQL SERVER  ODBC Driver installed to do the connection ?  

Pedro Juan Montero Bernales

PJM Informatica Soluciones Globales

Santiago - Chile

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you are connecting to SQL Server then yes, you need to have either an ODBC, ADO or JDBC driver installed and configured to connect to the database.

The type of driver that you need to install is dependant on what product you are using and what type of project.

Questions:

Which product are you using, Visual COBOL for Visual Studio or Visual COBOL Eclipse?

Are you creating native code projects or managed code projects?

For more information on our database support please click here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello,I have a question with the directives.

The directive [p(cobsql) CSQLT=ORACLE8 MAKESYN VERBOSE KEEPCBL END-C p(cp) ENDP ENDP litlink] has two ENDP ENDP in it,is that a miss or a special directive.

And I wrote [EXEC SQL INCLUDE ORACA END-EXEC.] in my Pro*COBOL program. If I use this directive[p(cobsql) CSQLT=ORACLE8 MAKESYN VERBOSE KEEPCBL END-C p(cp) ENDP ENDP TESTCOVER LITLINK],build error happened.Then I use [ORACA=YES] instead of [p(cp)],the build is OK.([p(cobsql) CSQLT=ORACLE8 MAKESYN VERBOSE KEEPCBL END-C ORACA=YES ENDP ENDP TESTCOVER LITLINK]).

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The p(cp) specifies that the Copy Preprocessor is to be used in order to expand any copy statements in youir program.

Using the CP Preprocessor to Expand Copyfiles

The complete set of methods used within COBOL to manipulate copyfiles is not available with database precompilers and COBSQL itself cannot handle included copyfiles. These problems can be overcome by using the Micro Focus Copyfile Preprocessor (CP).

CP is a preprocessor that provides other preprocessors, such as COBSQL, with a mechanism for handling copyfiles. CP follows the same rules as the COBOL Compiler for handling copyfiles, so any copyfile-related Compiler directives are automatically picked up and copyfiles are searched for using the COBCPY environment variable. CP also expands the following statements:

EXEC SQL
  INCLUDE ...
END-EXEC

The ENDP directive is used to delimite the scope of directives that are passed to a preprocessor.
Since the p(cp) is a preprocessor also it is delimited by the first ENDP and the p(cobsql) preprocessor is delimited by the second ENDP.

You only need to use p(cp) if you have copybooks that are not in the current project folder.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I would like to see the instructions for OpenESQL version of this answer also, as I am experiencing a few problems.  I am using a Remote project on a SUSE/Linux box, and need to set up some directives appropriate to this setup.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.