Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connecting to default MySQL ODBC?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Just wanted to clarify something. I have, $SQL( INIT) statement in my first prog with no parameters. I immediately issue an EXEC SQL select... from table.... Works fine even though i never specify db name or user/pw. Is this because I only have a single odbc source defined on my pc?

Thanks, Linden 

Linden Rowland - IT Consultant
Owner/Developer, www.SchoolReportWriter.com
IT Consultant to Tindle Newspaper Group

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Connecting to default MySQL ODBC?

Jump to solution

We do not recommend using the INIT option for connecting. That has been deprecated as it really is not secure. You should really embed an EXEC SQL CONNECT statement into your code.

If you do use INIT then you should also use the DB and PASS directives as well to tell it which connection to use. If you are not using these then I am really not sure what it is using for a connection name.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

We do not recommend using the INIT option for connecting. That has been deprecated as it really is not secure. You should really embed an EXEC SQL CONNECT statement into your code.

If you do use INIT then you should also use the DB and PASS directives as well to tell it which connection to use. If you are not using these then I am really not sure what it is using for a connection name.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ok thanks Chris, I'll switch to specific connections.  

Linden Rowland - IT Consultant
Owner/Developer, www.SchoolReportWriter.com
IT Consultant to Tindle Newspaper Group

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.