Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Connection Name Not Found - 19702

Hi,

I am migrating from Server Express 5.1 to Visual Cobol 2.3. I am getting error as connection name not found.

I am using ESQL and Sub Program is calling Main Program. Connection is getting established in Sub Program but in Main Program its getting lost.

Any Ideas?

Thank You

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Connection Name Not Found - 19702

What does your CONNECT statement look like and what database are you connection to?

Are you stating that you connect successfully in a called subprogram and you can access the database fine but then when you do an exit program to return to the main program you get a -19702 error on another sql statement?

Do you cancel the subprogram after returning?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Chris,

Sorry, I was on vacation and couldn't respond. I checked my programs again, Sub Program, CONNECTDB and Main Program. Sub Program will connect to CONNECTDB (which has DB details). CONNECTDB is giving me error as 19703. Below is the statement where its throwing error. It connect's to Oracle database.

EXEC SQL

CONNECT :WS-ORA-UIP-V USING :WS-ORA-SID-V

END-EXEC.

WS-ORA-UIP-V = UID\PWD and WS-ORA-SID-V=DBNAME

My directives are set to        $set sql(dbman=odbc targetdb=ORACLE)

Thank You,

Ramesh

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi Ramesh,

Your slash separating the UID and PWD is going in the wrong direction.

It should be UID/PWD.

Also, what is DBNAME referring to? This should be the actual name of the DSN that you created using the ODBC Administration Tool.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.