Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Converting MF DS project from NetExpress 3.1. to VC

When I convert my netexpress project to VC, none of my .GSs are attached to the .dlls they belong to.  Do I have a conversion parameter incorrect?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Converting MF DS project from NetExpress 3.1. to VC

What do you mean by "none of my .GSs are attached to the .dlls they belong to"? No Dialog System screenset files in .gs should appear attached to a DLL the same way as a copybook since they cannot be linked in a DLL.

I just imported an old Net Express 3.1 project that contains one .cbl and one .gs, and both are imported into a new Visual COBOL project successfully. I looked at ImportReport.txt that gets created in the project folder, and it does say both .cbl and .gs were imported.

Back in Net Express, the .gs files did not need to be seen in the projet structure. They just need to be in the project folder if you run or debug the application from the Net Express IDE or in the same folder as the application when you need to run it outside of the Net Express IDE.
–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.