Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Courseware

Does anyone know how I can get the Visual Cobol Academic Courseware CobolClass.zip file?   I had it just recently and accidentally deleted the tutorial.  I have all of the files.  I just need the book portion.

0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The Courseware material is available for download alongside the Visual COBOL PE product download from the link "Learn COBOL".

If you still have your original download email from Distribution you should be able to click on the link to download it. If the link has expired it will give you the opportunity to reregister and download the product again.

If you cannot find the original e-mail then you should just register for the Visual COBOL PE product download again here

Thanks.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Chris, I have re-registered for PE V2.3 and received the download page.  I don't see a "learn cobol" link on this page.  Am I missing something?

Thanks

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

If you click the link in the email to actually go to the product downloads and then click the Software/Licenses tab you should see it underneath the Release Notes option.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Here is the url from my email. www.microfocus.com/.../vcpe-23-download.aspx;sn=g9BgxaEfS1k=

There are only two items listed under the software/licenses tab:

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Are you downloading the Visual Studio or Eclipse version of the Visual COBOL product? The courseware is currently only available for the Visual Studio version.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I am disappointed to hear that.  I am inferring from your reply that the Courseware is integrated into Visual Studio.  If this is the case, will there be a comparable set of Courseware for the Eclipse user?

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

The Eclipse training is ready, just not published yet.  coming soon.

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

Is there any further information as to when the Eclipse Courseware will be available for download?

Thanks,

Warren Mundy, Jr

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Warren, 8th April or thereabouts. Please send me a message for further information. Regards, Scot

0 Likes
Commander
Commander

I'll be waiting.

Thanks,

Warren Mundy

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.