Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Shirley2 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Creating a Web Application

I am a COBOL programmer trying to create a Web Application in Visual Cobol from a very old system with multiple programs and screens.

I am struggling to find tutorials or videos which would help. My knowledge of ASP.net is very limited.

I have been through the Tutorial: Developing Web Applications which is wonderful but doesn't really explain how I can use it for my application.

Please can someone point me in the right direction.

Shirley

0 Likes
3 Replies
lanter-edv_ch Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Creating a Web Application

Hello Shirley

In the last 20 years I did also convert some old systems. Have a look to my web page www.lanter-edv.ch, select ‘English’; potentially my favorite system architecture can point you in the right direction.

Regards
Werner Lanter

WERNER LANTER EDV-Organisation
Obermättlistrasse 4
CH-8964 Rudolfstetten

Telefon: +41 56 640 07 07
werner.lanter@lanter-edv.ch
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shirley2 Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi Werner

Do you have any examples I could look at?

Regards

Shirley
0 Likes
lanter-edv_ch Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Shirley

Sorry, I don’t have an simple example. The webservice consists of several Cobol modules with about 30 web-methods. I am using Microsoft SQL-Server as Database. The WPF client has also about 30 XAML files with C# code behind.

Tell me what system would you like to build. Do you have a database or are you using Cobol files. What is your knowledge about Webservice? If you tell me what kind of program you have and what you want to do, I can probably determine whether a webservice/client solution is a good way.

Please answer directly to my mail address, possibly with an attachment of a Cobol program.

Regards
Werner Lanter

werner.lanter@lanter-edv.ch
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.