Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

DB2 software

I've been trying to download a DB2 environment to use with Visual Cobol 2.3, I tried using the Visual Server and it doesn't work, I unzip the files and run setup and it stops loading with an error.  I tried using IBM DB2 the free version and using director it tells me I need to load Java, which I did and it keeps telling me to load the new Java, when it has been installed successfully.  When I try to download the http version, I just click on RUN and nothing happens.  Is there a DB2 environment that works out there??  HELP!!

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: DB2 software

I have always used DB2 Express-C without a problem. Just make sure you are downloading the correct bitism for your requirements.

If you are having trouble installing IBM software I would recommend that you post this question to the IBM forums if you haven't already done so.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.