Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Austin1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Data File Editor - Find And Replace

Using Data File Editor - Version 2.2.02104 with a fixed length indexed file and an .STR file provided and the data file is not write protected ...

When I choose Search > Data File Editor > Data File Find And Replace ...

... instead of presenting the normal popup box, it does nothing (it does not present a popup box).

Other search options, such as Find on Current Key work fine (a popup box is presented to enter a search value, etc.).

With the very same file, others on my team here do get the normal popup box when doing the find and replace.

So I am wondering why it is not doing this for me ???

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Austin1 Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

RE: Data File Editor - Find And Replace

This is no longer an issue. I have recently moved from Win7 to Win10, and VS, VC, and DFE were all of course re-installed. I am not having this issue with my new Win10 environment and freshly installed software. I suspect that the earlier problem was some kind of Win7 permissions issue or it was something I did inadvertently. Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.