Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Data File Editor

Back in my NetExpress days I could look at the contents of an ISAM file using the Data File Editor.  Research indicates that that tool is also available in Visual Cobol, however I cannot seem to figure out how to install it.  I'm running version Visual COBOL 2010 R4 Version 1.3.20019. at the moment, and I have a full license.  I plan to upgrade to VC 2.2 in the near future, but we're going through something of an infrastructure upgrade here and I'm stuck with a PC running WINXP at the moment.

I've gone through the standard upgrade screens on the MicroFocus web site, but I can't seem to find the right path to get the Data File Editor for my version of WC.  Can you please perhaps point me in the correct direction to get me started, and let me know if there's anything I need to know prior to installing it?

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello,

You may find the Visual COBOL Data Tools at supportline.microfocus.com/.../VisualCobolAddpacks.aspx

The name of the file is visualcobolr3dtx86.msi, and although the version says 2010 R3, this works as well with 2010 R4.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

That doesn't seem to work.  When I go to that page and click the link for that file, it just takes me back to supportline main page that says Welcome To SupportLine.  No file gets downloaded.

Is there a different link I can go to?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The link takes to a page where the tool can be downloaded. You need to log on the MF SupportLine to access the page.

–Ғɑɳօ
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.