Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Data Tools technology Preview - vc2.3

Jump to solution

Hello Chris, I am trying to create a structure FILE.DFS but the DataTools is not importing the structure of idy file generated in version vc.2.3. Simply does not show the layout of the record. With traditional DataTools generate the FILE.STR normally. What could be happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Data Tools technology Preview - vc2.3

Jump to solution

The problem appears to be that the current version of DFED2 will not recognize layouts from an .idy file created from a managed code build.

To get the structure file created, create a native version of the program containing the file definition and use that .idy file instead.

The DFED2 product component is still in Technical Preview.

Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I tested this here with a simple record layout for an indexed file and it worked fine.

There is an entry under Restrictions in the Help that says the following:

"When creating a structure file, you cannot use an .idy file from a project compiled with the ODOSLIDE Compiler directive"

Are you setting the ODOSLIDE directive on when compiling your program?

If not then I will need some more details or a simple demo containing your select and fd for your file along with the directives that you are compiling with so I can test this here.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

These are the directives:

===================

visualstudio"3"

anim

cobidy".\bin\Debug\"

sourcetabstop"4"

sourceformat"Variable"

noquery

osext()

warnings"2"

max-error"100"

ilgen

ilsubsystem"2"

noint

ilmain"Main"

iltarget"x86"

ilversion"1.0.0.0"

constant"DEBUG(1)"

RUNTIME-ENCODING"ANSI"

noquery

osext()

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The problem appears to be that the current version of DFED2 will not recognize layouts from an .idy file created from a managed code build.

To get the structure file created, create a native version of the program containing the file definition and use that .idy file instead.

The DFED2 product component is still in Technical Preview.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Altair Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

It worked, but I have several files and prefer, for now, continue to use the previous version. Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

I have created a bug report for the reported problem so it will most likely be fixed in a future release.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.