Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Debugging and Rebuild

Is there a way not not build a complete project everytime you debug?  When I starting the debug of my solution, it rebuild every project whether they have changed since the last build or not.  Is this an option I am missing somewhere?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Debugging and Rebuild

Hi

In your VS project Go to BUILD >> Configuration manger >> then in the Pop up in 4th Column >> unckeck the Build Option.

Save the project and your done.

Let me know if this works for you

Thanks

Cheetalm

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You can also turn on the Visual Studio setting under Tools-->Options-->Projects-->Build and Run-->Only build startup projects and dependencies on run.

Only build startup projects and dependencies on Run

When selected, pressing F5 or clicking Start on the Debug menu or Build on the Build menu only builds the startup project and its dependencies. When this option is cleared, pressing F5 builds all projects, dependencies, and solution files. By default, this option is cleared.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Kpeters913, when you start debugging, each project in the solution will be checked to see whether it needs to be rebuilt but unless the dependant files are newer than the targets that check should not actually result in anything being rebuilt. You will see status messages appear in the output window for each project but that does not mean that a rebuild has occurred. If the files are actually being rebuilt then that is a bug.

Cheetalm, your suggestion will prevent the project from ever being built which I would imagine is not what the orginal poster wants.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.