Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Deploying Dialog System with Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

When I try to run my application I'm getting a 173 error on DSGRUN.  Where can I find the documentation for deploying Dialog System runtime for Visual Cobol?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Deploying Dialog System with Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

The Dialog System support is part of the Compatibility Addpack that can be downloaded from the Product Updates page of the supportline web site.

This needs to be installed on the development side for Visual COBOL as well as on the deployment side for COBOL Server.

There is a different version of the addpack for both the Visual COBOL/COBOL Server for VS2010 product and the Visual COBOL/COBOL Server for VS2012 product so make sure that you download the correct version.

This is an .msi file so you can extract the files from this to include in your own install using the command:

msiexec /a compataddpack_2012_x86.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\holdaddpack\new

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Deploying Dialog System with Visual Cobol

Jump to solution

The Dialog System support is part of the Compatibility Addpack that can be downloaded from the Product Updates page of the supportline web site.

This needs to be installed on the development side for Visual COBOL as well as on the deployment side for COBOL Server.

There is a different version of the addpack for both the Visual COBOL/COBOL Server for VS2010 product and the Visual COBOL/COBOL Server for VS2012 product so make sure that you download the correct version.

This is an .msi file so you can extract the files from this to include in your own install using the command:

msiexec /a compataddpack_2012_x86.msi /qb TARGETDIR=c:\holdaddpack\new

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.