Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Dialog System Issue in VC 2.2

I am running Visual studio 2012 VC 2.2.  I can open a DS screen in some folders that were done in netexpress, but I have two solutions that if I try to open the .GS file I get the following error:

If I move that .GS file to a different folder that has a different netexpress solution in it, it works, as does all the other .GS in that folder.

What do I have setup wrong?

0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Dialog System Issue in VC 2.2

Your error message is not being displayed in the post, Can you please tell me what error you are getting?

Some .gs files have resources in them that are hardcoded to be in a particular location such as bitmaps, icons, font files, etc. If they are moved you might get an error that it cannot find the resource.

Open the gs in the Dialog Painter and look at the resource page to see if it is dependent on any files.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Hi Chris, i have posted the error Messages and i have send you the gs-file and the ocx-file. Do you have become my mail. i have contact the Distribution of micro Focus to reset my account, i was not able to download, Register and test Visual Cobol 2.3 with Sp1 and the supplemantary Tools.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

sorry, but we can't see the error! But Netexpress 5.x and visual Cobol are different products!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi greiner,

I believe that you are responding to the wrong post here. I was replying to kpeters913 on a new issue. Your original post was titled Dialog System. Please post the correct thread so this doesn't get confusing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

the error is (in german Version): unbehandelte Ausnahme ("COBOL runtime: Fault detected") in DSWIN.exe [7340], then a Debugger will start, but with MicroFocus oder Microsoft Code.

After this a new Windows come: DSWin.exe - Applcation Output:

Execution error: file 'oleclnt'

error code: 114, pc=0, call=1, seg=0

114 error message text not found (Signal 11)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Runtime DLL 'CBLRTSM' version 2.2, entry point mF_ld_dynlnk_lib_check not record in registry, not found or incompatible with requirements of dynamically bound COBOL program.  Dynamic binding of RTS requires: Any Runtime DLL at least Version 3.1

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

kpeters913,

This means that you have a mix of VC and NX compiled programs in your folders, most likely these are .EXEs or .DLLs compiled with NX 3.1. Since your main program is compiled with VC 2.2 it loads that run-time but then it is loading a NX .program that requires a different run-time.

You must recompile all source programs using VC 2.2. If you have any NX run-time files in your VC solution folders then you must remove them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Chris

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.