Highlighted
New Member.

Difference Linux Interface Mapping Toolkit v6.0.00

Jump to solution

Hi,

When deploy a Cobol Web Service with variable array (OCCURS DEPENDING ON), work fine on Windows 7 but i can't deploy on Suse 11; and i need it on Suse for production.

The computer is the same and the difference is when validate the web service.

The  computer installed with Windows 7 Professional SP1 and running Visual Cobol 2.2 with Eclipse show this:

The Console view show "The service mapping is valid".

The same computer running VmWare 12 and installed with Suse 11 SP2 running Visual Cobol 2.2 with Eclipse show this:

The Console view show "The service field does not have enough subscripts".

The version of IMTK in both cases is 6.0.00.

Is possible, with Visual Cobol 2.2, create a web service with variable array on Linux?

Thanks in advance,

Enrique.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Member.

RE: Difference Linux Interface Mapping Toolkit v6.0.00

Jump to solution
Hi Blair,

The problem for me is with Visual Cobol 2.2.

I found a solution (more like a workaround).

On Windows 7 when i create the service (moving the field and choose the input/ouput direction), Visual Cobol create a Xml definition (before the deploy) that include this

<parameter name="sal_02" byType="io" dataType="int" occurs="50" >
<mappings>
<mapping item="sal-02(*)" subscript="*" />
</mappings>
</parameter>

But on Suse 11, Visual Cobol create the Xml definition
<mappings>
<mapping item="sal-02(*)" />
</mappings>
</parameter>

without the subscript="*".
Curiously the array with fixed lenght (occurs without depending) is created, on both environment, with the subscript field.

The workaround: select the variable array from reusable field, open it, select the configure, select the mapping (is already selected, but i click again) and save that (Ok,Ok,Ok). Now the Xml definition is correct and the deploy work fine.

I think that is not the expected behavior, for that reason i called "workaround".

Thanks for be interested.

Enrique.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hello Enrique,

I am looking into the issue you are having. Are you saying that when you have Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.2 installed on Windows, and deploy to a Web Service also on Windows, the deploy works, but when you have Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.2 installed on SUSE, and deploy to a Web Service on SUSE, the deploy fails?

I haven't tried your exact configuration, but I have tried this with the latest version of the Eclipse IDE installed on Windows deploying to a Web Service on SUSE 11 SP2, and the deploy is successful. This is using Visual COBOL for Eclipse 2.3 Update 2 on Windows, and Visual COBOL Development Hub 23U2 on SUSE 11 SP 2. (The IMTK in the latest product reports that its version is 2.3.2, which is actually a newer version of IMTK than the 6.0.0 reported from VC 2.2; the versioning for IMTK was changed to match the overall product version.)

In the above configuration, I can successfully deploy the same variable types you have in your field mapping. This was using a set of fields defined and mapped exactly like yours, including the sal-02, occurring 50 times depending on another field in the linkage section.

Also, is your COBOL program being built as 32 or 64 bit?

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Blair,

The problem for me is with Visual Cobol 2.2.

I found a solution (more like a workaround).

On Windows 7 when i create the service (moving the field and choose the input/ouput direction), Visual Cobol create a Xml definition (before the deploy) that include this

<mappings>
<mapping item="sal-02(*)" subscript="*" />
</mappings>
</parameter>

But on Suse 11, Visual Cobol create the Xml definition
<mappings>
<mapping item="sal-02(*)" />
</mappings>
</parameter>

without the subscript="*".
Curiously the array with fixed lenght (occurs without depending) is created, on both environment, with the subscript field.

The workaround: select the variable array from reusable field, open it, select the configure, select the mapping (is already selected, but i click again) and save that (Ok,Ok,Ok). Now the Xml definition is correct and the deploy work fine.

I think that is not the expected behavior, for that reason i called "workaround".

Thanks for be interested.

Enrique.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.