Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Don't know how to delete programs from solution / project

I've got about sixty programs in my solution / project.  (The entire solution is one project)

I decided that about ten programs were obsolete, no longer needed, so I deleted the source code (*.cbl).

But now when I try to build/rebuild either the solution or project, I get errors like these:

1>COBOL : error COBCH1502: Open fail : 'C:\PSMJ\TEST.cbl'
1>COBOL : error COBCH1502: Open fail : 'C:\PSMJ\X-BB-BENCH.cbl'
1>COBOL : error COBCH1502: Open fail : 'C:\PSMJ\X-FE-BENCH.cbl'
1>COBOL : error COBCH1502: Open fail : 'C:\PSMJ\X-FN-BENCH.cbl'
1>COBOL : error COBCH1502: Open fail : 'C:\PSMJ\X-MC-BENCH.cbl'

What can I do to make the solution / project completely forget about these programs?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You need to delete these from the actual project, not just from disk. In the Solution Explorer window use your mouse to select the program you wish to delete, (hold down Ctrl key to select more than one) and then press the Delete key or right click the mouse and select Delete from the menu. If you wish to remove programs from the project without physically deleting them from the disk then select the Exclude from Project option instead of Delete.

Thanks.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.