Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Eclipse - subfolder Cobol programs sorting order

Hi,

How can i sort programs&copybooks in COBOL Explorer & Navigation list&? I am missing sorting by Date & Source Control date.

When using Java there is solution: in Java-preferences->members sort order, but cant find simmilar in Microfocus Enterprise Developer.

Regards,

Alex

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'll assume this functionality is missing.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, sorry I just received the following response from Development:

----

The piece pointed to in the Java preferences is all about the order to display the class information in the package explorer – we don’t really have an equivalent for COBOL and don’t break down into methods, constructors, statics, fields etc.  That’s not to say we couldn’t implement similar functionality in the future.

We also don’t allow the user to change the sort order/key in the COBOL Explorer.  It  automatically sorts by the resource name of the programs/copybooks.

The sort by ‘date’ and ‘source control date’ mentioned will be added by their SCCS plugin as it’s not a default option.  As we don’t offer the sort menu in our COBOL explorer, then they won’t have that option added to the menu.

It could be considered for a future release, but as things stand it’s not available.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.