Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Error 173 SQLADR

Jump to solution

RE: Error 173 called program file not found in drive / directory SQLADR with Oracle 11g

I have a solution and multiple projects under it.  Some of the projects(they have one program) call  another one that has with multiple programs within it.

Say there is A with program a, B with program b, and C with program c and they are separate projects with only one program.  Then, there is  Project Z with programs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 in it.

A is an older project and it calls programs from Z.  When I animate through it and through them, there is no problem with the SQL

B is a new project with the same (presumably) properties as A.  However, when I animate B, the first SQL stmts in program b work (connect to database), but then when I try to do a ROLLBACK, I get this message that SQLADR can't be found.  If I comment that out and call programs in Z, when I get to an SQL statement, I get the same error.

These are the stmts at the start of program a of project B and they work fine.

EXEC SQL CONNECT
     :stringneeded
END-EXEC.

and this does

EXEC SQL ALTER SESSION
     SET NLS_DATE_FORMAT = 'MM-DD-YYYY'
END-EXEC.

This, also in program b, does not.

EXEC SQL ROLLBACK END-EXEC.

The preprocessor directives for project B are (same as for project A)

P(cobsql) COBSQLTYPE=ORACLE END-COBSQL ENDP

Not sure WHAT could be wrong.....

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Error 173 SQLADR

Jump to solution

Hello,

The only time I have seen the error 173 on SQLADR to occur is on the first SQL statement, mostly the SQL CONNECT, in the program.

There must be something different between your project A and project B. Please open a support incident with MF SupportLine if you can't figure this out.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hello,

The only time I have seen the error 173 on SQLADR to occur is on the first SQL statement, mostly the SQL CONNECT, in the program.

There must be something different between your project A and project B. Please open a support incident with MF SupportLine if you can't figure this out.

Regards,

–Ғɑɳօ

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I opened a ticket.  Thanks, Fano.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.