Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Error in debuging

Jump to solution

Hello,

Since the operating system has an update and installed io .NET Framework 4.6 that can not run the Visual Colbol (with Visual Studio 2015) in debug mode, always gives an error in the implementation of the first window.

The error: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll"

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards

Alberto Ferraz

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

RE: Error in debuging

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have managed to find out what the problem was.
Was the instruction "accept wrk-Datai from DATE YYYYMMDD."

When I blacked left to give error.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have managed to find out what the problem was.
Was the instruction "accept wrk-Datai from DATE YYYYMMDD."

When I blacked left to give error.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Can you please clarify your response here for me?

Are you stating that the presence of the statement, "accept wrk-Datai from DATE YYYYMMDD" within your WPF application is causing the compiler error that you are experiencing and that by commenting it out the error goes away?

This is a standard COBOL statement and it should certainly be allowed. I just added the statement to my WPF demo here and do not experience the problem.

Where in you application do you declare this statement?

How are you defining wrk-Datai?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Jump to solution

Hi,

I had that instruction "accept wrk-datai from date DATE YYYYMMDD" from day one in the application I'm developing and had never had any problem (is just the login program).

On 14/04 when compiled application (in debug mode) began to mistake that which is in the printscreen.

I found that the operating system had made a .NET Framework upgrade to 4.6 and opensei the problem was that since it had happened a month earlier.

The Microfocus support of the council was that the uninstalled VCobol and VStudio (at the time the 2013) and from installing it again now with VStudio 2015.

This was done but the error remained only in debug mode. If I desactivasse debug mode everything worked properly.

He (along with the support of Microfocus) various experiences in terms of configuration and parameterization and not discovered.

I created an application testing and used some who sent me other things and the error did not give. Only I looked at that I am developing.

I lost a bit more time to isolate the lines of programming one by one in the routine which gave the error and when eliminated that everything worked (and is working).

Also I found it very strange because it is a statement that always used and never had any problem.

The wrk-Datai field was set as the date field and was using it following the "self invoke :: InitializeComponent ()"

Now replaced by: "set wrk-Datai to type DateTime::Today"

Even now I experienced: put the line in the program and when I START soon gave error.

Thanks.

Alberto Ferraz

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

If the server was upgraded to a new release of .NET you may need to verify that all the applications using .NET we also upgraded to the same release. I base this on our experience here when SYS Admin upgraded the server release and nothing else. Our VC programs did not work the same. When I had the server changes backed out the VC programs worked just fine again. I do not know where you can get info on what upgrades an application would need based on server OS .NET upgrades. Micro Focus can you provide such a listing ?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.