Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Error installing Visual Cobol

Everytime I try to install the Visual COBOL, I encounter the following error 0x80070643 (This application requires 32-bit Oracle Java 1.6 or later. Plase install Oracle Java and then run this installer again.).

I have the following installed versions (1.7 and 1.8) and working properly, still the error persists at the time of installation.

Português:

Toda vez que tento instalar o Visual COBOL, me deparo com o seguinte erro 0x80070643 (This application requires 32-bit Oracle Java 1.6 or later. Plase install Oracle Java and then run this installer again.).

Tenho as versões (1.7 e 1.8) instaladas e funcionando corretamente, mesmo assim o erro persiste na hora da instalação.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Error installing Visual Cobol

Are your installed Java versions 32-bit or 64-bit?

The product requires 32-bit only and 64-bit will not be recognized.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.