Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Error with tracking logs when build

Jump to solution

I frequently get this warning when I run or build a Visual COBOL native or managed project in Visual Studio 2012:

"Forcing a rebuild of all sources due to an error with the tracking logs.  Not a valid Win32 FileTime.  Parameter name: FileTime."

The file referenced is MicroFocus.COBOL.targets

This can get to the point where every time I click on Start to run our application, the project is rebuilt.  Does any one know what causes this warning ?

Phil Levin

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

RE: Error with tracking logs when build

Jump to solution

I'm running Visual Studio 2012 and Visual COBOL 2.2.  I've installed Tools for GIT but am not using Team Foundation Service GIT for our application.  I don't get this error if I set up a demo project outside of our application.  I only get it with native and managed projects within our application.  I'll open a support incident.

Phil Levin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Phil,

Are you running Visual Studio 2012 standalone or are you using TFS or some other source control system with Visual Studio?

Can you please open up a support incident with customer care for this issue so that we can take a closer look at your project setup and environment?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Jump to solution

I'm running Visual Studio 2012 and Visual COBOL 2.2.  I've installed Tools for GIT but am not using Team Foundation Service GIT for our application.  I don't get this error if I set up a demo project outside of our application.  I only get it with native and managed projects within our application.  I'll open a support incident.

Phil Levin

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.