Commodore
Commodore

Feature Request: Please add more IntelliSense suggestions

I noticed that IntelliSense support in the ENVIRONMENT DIVISION is quite sparse (see image attached).

As far as I can see, there are no suggestions for filling in INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION, FILE-CONTROL or any other sections or content therein.

I suggest to fill in the blanks and provide full IntelliSense support for the Environment Division (and other divisions, where applicable), i.e. ...

1. suggesting all COBOL keywords (incl. appropriate division (e.g. ENVIRONMENT DIVISION), section (e.g. INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION) and paragraph (e.g. FILE-CONTROL) names), applicable at the current cursor position, and
  2. providing code snippets for common sections and paragraphs, appropriate at the current cursor position. (I.e. provide FILE-CONTROL code snippets only within an INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION.)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Commodore
Commodore

3. all identifiers at the current cursor position, as applicable.

Currently this doesn't seem to be the case (see animated GIF image attached).

Tags (1)
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.