Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Getting started

Jump to solution

I am a first time user. I downloaded the trial version with eclipse. I followed it's getting started example til it told me to choose new>project>COBOL.

There is on COBOL anything in the list. Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Getting started

Jump to solution

You will need to install the license that should have been sent to you in a separate e-mail in order for the COBOL projects to be made available.
Licenses can be installed by starting Start Menu-->Micro Focus License Manager-->License Administration.

You might want to look at the following:

Visual COBOL in a Nutshell:Getting the Product
Visual COBOL in a Nutshell: Installing the Visual COBOL product

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

The question should have read "there is no COBOL on the list I got for project choices. Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

You will need to install the license that should have been sent to you in a separate e-mail in order for the COBOL projects to be made available.
Licenses can be installed by starting Start Menu-->Micro Focus License Manager-->License Administration.

You might want to look at the following:

Visual COBOL in a Nutshell:Getting the Product
Visual COBOL in a Nutshell: Installing the Visual COBOL product

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Did you start Eclipse.exe or Visual COBOL for Eclipse? I guess these are different executables.

Did you get the license?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.