Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Help - VC for VS 2015

Jump to solution

I keep getting the following error:   error COBCH0008 : Unknown copybook library-data.cpy specified
C:\Users\John\Desktop\MFcourseware\COBOLClass_Studio\COBOLClass\Projects\18_02_Patron_Menu\PatronEntry\Form1.cbl (64,20-21) : error COBCH0014 : Invalid operand

I have put the copybook everywhere I can think of and pointed to it in Project, properties COPYBOOKS. what is the default path?   

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Help - VC for VS 2015

Jump to solution
As long as the copybook referred to in the copy statement exists within a particular folder then adding the folder name to the Project properties-->Copybooks tab should fix this for you.

The default location to pick up copybook files from would be the project folder itself so if you copy library-data.cpy to the following folder it should also pick it up:
C:\Users\John\Desktop\MFcourseware\COBOLClass_Studio\COBOLClass\Projects\18_02_Patron_Menu\PatronEntry

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
As long as the copybook referred to in the copy statement exists within a particular folder then adding the folder name to the Project properties-->Copybooks tab should fix this for you.

The default location to pick up copybook files from would be the project folder itself so if you copy library-data.cpy to the following folder it should also pick it up:
C:\Users\John\Desktop\MFcourseware\COBOLClass_Studio\COBOLClass\Projects\18_02_Patron_Menu\PatronEntry

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi, Chris,
Thanks for the help. I had the solution, but a copy book changed and once I corrected that things cleared up. The only problem now is the compiler doesn't recognize colons or one end-if. if zip(7:1) = " "
move x to y.
end-if
????
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Jump to solution
Remove the period from the move statement just before the end-if.
(Assuming that is the logic that you want)
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
FYI, I fixed the Colon Problem. Came to find out there was an error (did not show in the error list) in the move statement that the colon was part of. Once I corrected the error in the line the colon error went away!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.