Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to change the console output from xterm to gnome-shell?

I have Visual COBOL 3.0 personal edition installed on RedHat Enterprise 7.4 to learn COBOL language.

I use COBOLClass_Eclipse to start.

When I run the sample project, it starts xterm windows for result output. but I want to change it to gnome-shell.

I did not find how to switch it in Preference.

I hope someone might encounter the same issue and have a solution.

Really appreciated.

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello jzhang18,

We are checking into whether the use of gnome-shell is supported by Visual COBOL for Eclipse as an alternative to xterm. In the meantime, were you having some issue with using xterm?

Blair McDonald

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.