Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to display zeroes in Listboxes

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 23 September 2011]

I have fields defined in a listbox as zzz,zzz,zz9.99-, but they show up as blank when their value is zero. Users would prefer seeing the zeroes. Is there any way to do this?

There are also pic x fields in the listbox.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How to display zeroes in Listboxes

Jump to solution
Can you please provide some more details?
What product and version number is this, Net Express/Dialog System or Visual COBOL?

Is this a Listbox or a ListView control?
How and where are you defining the PIC clauses for the items?

I just tried this here with Dialog System and created a Listbox associated to a Group of two items and it did not suppress the zeroes.

There is a checkbox for blank when zero that can be turned on or off for these field definitions when defining the display group.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How to display zeroes in Listboxes

Jump to solution
Can you please provide some more details?
What product and version number is this, Net Express/Dialog System or Visual COBOL?

Is this a Listbox or a ListView control?
How and where are you defining the PIC clauses for the items?

I just tried this here with Dialog System and created a Listbox associated to a Group of two items and it did not suppress the zeroes.

There is a checkbox for blank when zero that can be turned on or off for these field definitions when defining the display group.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.