Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm getting this error!

Jump to solution

I tried using that app configuration file that chris glazer sent  (i think that's his name) for another program and it gave me a wrong mode error what modes it suppose to be in

the only thing I can think that is different is this line in my code

organization is line sequential.

im not sure that's any mode or not

0 Likes
19 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I think I might know what the problem is I don't have enough test data in the phone file I just used a couple names and phone numbers I made up I'm suppose to have a lot more data not sure if that is the problem but maybe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, that would be the problem and it exactly represents the condition reported by the error message.

You have to at least have a full record present as COBOL reads files a record at a time and not a field at a time.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

well I thought it was the test data it's probably not that

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I'm not sure if it saved lets see

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I guess I will have to change the phone file to a txt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

ok here it is I guess your saying I need more test data sorry I haven't sent this sooner I got kind of lost in the posts a little

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

sorry about the posts being so hard to follow I would reply before you answered back

anyway you said it might be the actual file format what do you mean by that

could it be this my phone.txt  doesn't have an extension field in it but the report.cbl has or requests that record or field

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I eliminated the extension field because I don't have a field for extension in the phone dat anyway it worked when I did that so thanks Chris I just wanted you to know you fixed it

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.