Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I also am unable to activate the personal edition of visual cobol.

The title basically sums it up but whatever I do it wont activate. I am using visual studio.

8 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Please send an e-mail to our first line Customer Support team at supportline@microfocus.com and tell them which product you are trying to activate and they will send back an authorization code for you to use.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Alright thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello Chris,
Thank you for your request, that was the first part, I have already solved it.
I have two files now. I have to write a Cobol program that compares these programs. If the names that appear in the first file also exist in the second file. I would have to write these names in a file. These are program names, so to speak, and they are still needed.

Best regards

C.Narman
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I am not quite sure what it is that you are asking for here. Is this part of an assignment that you need to complete? It sounds like you are opening up and reading one file and then checking in a second file to see if the same records appear. What type of files are these, sequential, indexed, etc.? If this is an assignment for school, we can provide you with guidance but you really need to write the program yourself.

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This is not related to this post which is purely on the matter of activating COBOL personal edition. You should start a new post for this unrelated matter.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately still no solution. Haven't heard anything from supportline.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hello, Please email SupportLine@MicroFocus.com with your serial number and we will process it for you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, that's what I have been told. The only problem is that I never received a serial number to begin with.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.