Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I have Visual Studio license, but got message saying "evaluation period has ended"

Jump to solution

About a month ago I got a full upgrade of my Visual Studio and Visual COBOL, with help from Mark Buchanan.  Today Visual Studio told me my license was only for a 30-day evaluation period.  See screen shot.  What do I do now?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: I have Visual Studio license, but got message saying "evaluation period has ended"

Jump to solution
Hi,

Since you are using the Community edition of Visual Studio, you need to sign in with a Microsoft account (which is free to sign up for if you don't already have one).

See docs.microsoft.com/.../signing-in-to-visual-studio

Regards,
Gen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

RE: I have Visual Studio license, but got message saying "evaluation period has ended"

Jump to solution
Hi,

Since you are using the Community edition of Visual Studio, you need to sign in with a Microsoft account (which is free to sign up for if you don't already have one).

See docs.microsoft.com/.../signing-in-to-visual-studio

Regards,
Gen

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Experience the same problem. Being a total beginner Chris Glazier went out of his way to bail me out and it wasn't easy. Chris did his thing with the licence agreement giving me a new agreement with 365 days. But I had to reinstall the micro focus and the studio and the activity had it's problems. I documented all I did and your welcome. Send me an email to JOHNWALLA@AOL.COM and I'll provide that document. I'd be embarrassed to publish that here and exposed all the problems I created.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution
Hi John,

Your problem had to do with the licensing of the Visual COBOL PE product. The message that is being referenced in this thread is not about the licensing of the Visual COBOL PE product. The message is about Visual Studio trial license expiring which is different so I don't believe that your notes are relevant to this issue.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.