Highlighted
mikmng Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Import a Cobol JVM Project from a Java Project

Jump to solution

[Migrated content. Thread originally posted on 31 March 2011]

Hi,

I want to use a OO Cobol class, that belongs to a Cobol JVM Project, in a Java project with a Java GUI application.

I have exported the Cobol JVM Project to a .jar file, and then, I have imported it into the Java Project. But the Java class from the Java Project doesnt't find the OO Cobol class (for example when I do the "import ....").
In the "Package Explorer" tab from the Eclipse, I have seen that the Java Project have the .jar file (from the Cobol JVM Project) correctly referenced in the "Referenced Libraries" tag.

Do you know what is the problem?

Thanks
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Renzo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Import a Cobol JVM Project from a Java Project

Jump to solution
Hi,

You have to add the classpath as an additional directive in the Build Configuration.
Open the properties of your project, choose Micro Focus COBOL, Build Configuration and add the following in 'Additional directives' :

JVMCLASSPATH(path/to/classes/or/jars)

Regards,

Renzo
0 Likes
1 Reply
Renzo Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Import a Cobol JVM Project from a Java Project

Jump to solution
Hi,

You have to add the classpath as an additional directive in the Build Configuration.
Open the properties of your project, choose Micro Focus COBOL, Build Configuration and add the following in 'Additional directives' :

JVMCLASSPATH(path/to/classes/or/jars)

Regards,

Renzo
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.