Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

In Visual Cobol 5.0 for Visual Studio 2019 I can not get context help to work

In Visual Cobol 5.0 for Visual Studio 2019 I can not get context help to work.

When I hit F1 it goes to https://www.bing.com/search?q=how+to+get+help+in+windows+10&filters=guid:%224028227-en-dia%22%20lang:%22en%22&form=S00028 . When I hit F1 should it go to to online Visual Cobol Help?

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: In Visual Cobol 5.0 for Visual Studio 2019 I can not get context help to work

The context help is working for me. If I position the cursor over a COMPUTE statement and press F1 it takes me to the on-line Visual COBOL help for the COMPUTE statement.

I have Patch Update 5 installed. What Patch Update level are you on?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: In Visual Cobol 5.0 for Visual Studio 2019 I can not get context help to work

Hi Chris, on many answers from you on this Forum, i become a mail with "Hallo greiner" and i had not posted this question.
i have no Problem with this, but it is not correct!
Thank for finding the bug!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Perhaps you have unintentionally subscribed to threads.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Contributor.
Contributor.

I have patch 2 for Personal Visual Cobol 5.0 for Visual Studio 2019.

where and how do I get Patch 5?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Regular Patch Updates are only available to fully licensed products that are under maintenance. This does not apply to the Personal Edition product which is a free product.

I just tested the VC PE 5.0 PU2 version here and I still get the context help correctly with that version so I don't think that is the problem.

Your reported behavior is as if you press F1 outside of Visual Studio and get the Windows 10 help instead. Does it take you to the same link regardless of the statement on which the cursor is positioned? If you position on the word PERFORM and press F1 does it take you to the same link as if you positioned on the word IF and pressed F1?

You might want to try to repair Visual COBOL and Visual Studio 2019 under Programs and Features...

0 Likes
Contributor.
Contributor.

Inside Visual Studio 2019 whether on if or perform when I press F1 same result I go to Windows 10 Help. Thanks I’ll try repairing.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.