Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Inspect-Function in Visual-COBOL for eclipse 2.3

Hello,

I noticed the following:

Eclipse-Function "Inspect" in JVM-COBOL after move in simple numeric field: not ok
Eclipse-Function "Inspect" in JVM-COBOL after move in simple text field: ok
Eclipse-Function "Inspect COBOL item" in native: ok for both
mouse-over-function: ok for both

can anybody confirm?

thanks in advance
harald

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I find that I can inspect both simple text fields and simply numeric fields like pic 9(9) by highlighting the data item with the cursor and then right-clicking and selecting Inspect. This works in both native and JVM projects.

If you only click on the data item and then try inspect you will get an unresolved data-item message so you must highlight the whole name first.

Is this what you are referring to?

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you. That is, i was looking for.

I tested again on 2 different PC (Win7).

In unmanaged code it works fine (including hex for "inspect").

In managed code the result is "cannot be resolved (<error(s)_during_the_evaluation>)" in inspect/expressions

(I did highlight the fields before).

I would open a case for this.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.