Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Highlighted
wec62000 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installation

Jump to solution

While installing Micro Focus Visual COBOL for Eclipse, I had to un-install.  Now I am trying to re-install and I'm getting the following error;

:This application requires Micro Focus License Administration.  Please install Micro Focus License Administration and then run this installer again.".

So where can I get the License Administration?  Anyone have the link?

Thanks.  Bill

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Installation

Jump to solution

The Micro Focus License Manager is installed as part of the Visual COBOL package so you should already have it.

It is not uninstalled automatically when you uninstall Visual COBOL so perhaps you need to uninstall it if your product is in an inconsistent state.

Check under Control Panel-->Programs and Features for Micro Focus License Manager and select to remove it.

Then try to reinstall Visual COBOL for Eclipse again.

Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Installation

Jump to solution

The Micro Focus License Manager is installed as part of the Visual COBOL package so you should already have it.

It is not uninstalled automatically when you uninstall Visual COBOL so perhaps you need to uninstall it if your product is in an inconsistent state.

Check under Control Panel-->Programs and Features for Micro Focus License Manager and select to remove it.

Then try to reinstall Visual COBOL for Eclipse again.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.