Highlighted
ChrisM2 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Installing COBOL Server CS_23 on Windows Server 2019

Jump to solution

We will be upgrading to a new server running Windows Server 2019, will there be any issue installing CS_23 on the new server?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Installing COBOL Server CS_23 on Windows Server 2019

Jump to solution

COBOL Server 2.3 is not supported on Windows Server 2019, but it is supported starting with release 4.0.

ℹ️ You may find the product availability page here.

I'd like to point out also that Micro Focus will stop supporting the release 2.3.2 on 22-Sep-2019.

ℹ️ You may find the product support lifecycle page here.

–Ғɑɳօ
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

COBOL Server 2.3 is not supported on Windows Server 2019, but it is supported starting with release 4.0.

ℹ️ You may find the product availability page here.

I'd like to point out also that Micro Focus will stop supporting the release 2.3.2 on 22-Sep-2019.

ℹ️ You may find the product support lifecycle page here.

–Ғɑɳօ
ChrisM2 Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info, looks like I will upgrade to 5.0!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.