Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Installing P.E of v3.0 on Windows 10 with Visual Studio Comminity 2017.

Jump to solution

Downloaded product along with release notes then downloaded vcvs2017-30.exe and installed it having installed MS VC community onto a Win10 Pro X64 laptop.

I have the following problems:

1.  The application name of Microfocus Cobol is not in the Start folder so have to start Visual Studio but MF Cobol is not shown.  I have run the install (repair mode) but this did not fix it then ran install to remove it then I re-installed.

There are items in the MF folder but not VC start etc.

2.  When using the license manager directly, it says it cannot find any products when I try to activate license.  This is in all cases of 1.

3. Going to the website (ending with PE) it just goes into the generic location for VC trails etc so not helpful.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Installing P.E of v3.0 on Windows 10 with Visual Studio Comminity 2017.

Jump to solution
There is no Visual COBOL shortcut in the Visual COBOL group when using Visual Studio 2017.
Visual Studio 2017 supports multiple installed instances of the product (VS2017) that are setup and configured differently.
Visual COBOL is started by clicking on the appropriate shortcut for Visual Studio 2017 itself.

When you start Visual Studio and select File>New>Project do the COBOL Templates appear?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution
There is no Visual COBOL shortcut in the Visual COBOL group when using Visual Studio 2017.
Visual Studio 2017 supports multiple installed instances of the product (VS2017) that are setup and configured differently.
Visual COBOL is started by clicking on the appropriate shortcut for Visual Studio 2017 itself.

When you start Visual Studio and select File>New>Project do the COBOL Templates appear?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution
I will look into the issues with activating your license.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Can you email at mark.buchanan@microfocus.com and I'll send you a license for Visual COBOL PE.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.