Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Invalid data found - no provider associated with entry

Hello,

I have VS6, VS 2008, VS 2010, VS 2012 and VS 2013 on Windows 7 Ultimate computer.

After installing Visual COBOL PE for VS 2012 and when I open VS 2012 Pro, I get this error:

This only happens in VS 2012.

I can open and create new solutions and everything seems to work otherwise.

I tried Googling and searching for a solution and could not find an answer.

Does anybody know how to get rid of this error?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Invalid data found - no provider associated with entry

What version of Visual COBOL are you using?

I recall that this was a problem in earlier releases on systems that had an ADO.NET Data provider installed that did not update the machine.config XML file properly.

I believe that the mySQL provider was one of these providers that caused this problem.

This problem should be fixed in Visual COBOL 2.2.

You can look in the machine.config file under C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>\config to see what providers have been installed on your system.

Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.