Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Is DevHub a different download from general visual cobol for eclipse product

I have recently downloaded Visual COBOL for Eclipse for SUSE 12.

While going through some of the installation video they said that I can install DevHub product on Linux and Visual Cobol product on my windows and can connect it remotely and work on it. Can somebody please tell me if DevHub is a separate download from Visual COBOL and if yes, then where to download it from. Can someone please provide the link.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Is DevHub a different download from general visual cobol for eclipse product

Visual COBOL DevHub is a completely different product than Visual COBOL Eclipse and you would have to order this through sales separately. The DevHub product is used to do remote development where the source programs and executables would reside and run on a Linux/Unix system and the Visual COBOL for Eclipse IDE would be running under Windows and the two would be used together.

If you are installing the Visual COBOL Eclipse product directly on your SUSE 12 system then you would have no real use for DevHub as your development environment is already running on Linux.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.