Highlighted
New Member.

Is there any way that i can migrate an ACUCOBOL/ACUBENCH application into UWP?

if ANYONE KNOW PLEASE I WOULD LIKE SOME INFORMATION MORE ABOUT THE TOPIC. 

Ektoras Giorgos Tsiriopoulos

mobile:+ +30 6971850044

email: giorgos_gts@hotmail.com

0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Is there any way that i can migrate an ACUCOBOL/ACUBENCH application into UWP?

You have posted this question regarding ACUCOBOL into the Visual COBOL forum which is a different product. I would suggest that you post it into the ACU/Extend forum in order to reach the correct group of engineers and customers.

Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Is there any way that i can migrate an ACUCOBOL/ACUBENCH application into UWP?

ACUCOBOL / AcuBench - AcuBench is an IDE tailored for creating COBOL User Interfaces and programs that are run by the ACUCOBOL-GT runtime. The UWP (Universal Windows Platform) is entirely different, it provides a way to deploy on a variety of Microsoft platforms /devices. What you may really be looking for is a way to migrate (actually transform) your existing apps into a Microsoft Visual Studio solution that can then be used within UWP. The ACUCOBOL-GT runtime is not one of the APIs supported within UWP. You really are looking at a total re-write of what you have to leverage UWP. I know of no tool that exists for transforming Acu code into UWP.
0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

I see, so i ll go for entirely re write the application. Thank you Chris and Shjerpe.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Another approach would be to take your existing application and create REST services with XCentricity BIS.

Then create a UWP application that consume these REST services.   This way you keep you business logic and avoid an entire re-write.

Below are some links that are worth having a look @

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

No thats tottaly not what i am looking for. I see that in Visual COBOL 3.0 at least i can use XAML and WPF, is that correct?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.