Highlighted
New Member.

Java consuming a Cobol Web Service

Jump to solution

I have testing Cobol web services using Visual Cobol 2.2.

My two webservices are: a simple calc with two methods, add and subtract; and my second WS with four operations read, write, rewrite and delete on a indexed file. Both WS work in a simplest way and testing from a Cobol client created by Eclipse.

Now i wish to access webservices with a Java program: Java client consuming data from a Cobol web service, but i can't and need a documentation reference.

With Java and .NET i use a SOAP webservice and i have a WSDL file; then use the reference "?wsdl" in the url for create the connection (using the wizard on Eclipse and VStudio). This method does not work with the Cobol web services.

Any help?, Thanks.

Enrique.

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
New Member.

Yvon,

This look fine. I will try.

Thanks.

Enrique.

0 Likes
Highlighted
New Member.

Andres,

Yes, the reply from Yvon is useful.

Your example show a good example for my question..

Thanks.

Enrique.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Just following up on Yvon's reply. Enterprise Server does not serve the WSDL file for the service in response to a request with the query string "?wsdl" tacked onto the URL. That's a convention of some servers, not a requirement of the SOAP specification.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.